Interested in learning more? Check out these helpful materials, news articles, and reports.
WATCH: Lil’ Krill – Sucked Up by Sum of Us
- “Vacuuming Antarctica for Krill” report by Sum of Us
- Lifeline Antarctica campaign fact sheet
- Ready to get your community involved? Download and print our petition to Walgreens
- Chicago – March 17, 2o16 – Press Release – Penguins arrive to Chicagoland.
- San Francisco – February 24, 2016 – Press Release – A whale pod of Bay Area residents take Market street Walgreens by storm.
- Santa Cruz, Calif. – February 10, 2016 – release, Walgreens’ retailing of whale food meets international backlash, Surf City Babies in krill costumes deliver 1,000 petitions from the community.
- London – February 10, 2016 – release, Boots’ retailing of penguin food meets international backlash,Londoners in penguin costumes deliver letter to stores in a “March of the Penguins.
- Huffington Post blog: This Doctor is Really Making Environmentalists Mad, January 27, 2016.
- The New York Times article on expansion of Antarctic krill exploration: China, Pursuing Strategic Interests, Builds Presence in Antarctica, May 3, 2015.
- The New York Times article on Marine Stewardship Council ratings: Scientists Criticize System of Certifying Fisheries, September 3, 2010.
Letters to corporations:
- Lifeline Antarctica coalition letter to Walgreens Boots Alliance regarding krill
- Lifeline Antarctica coalition letter to Target regarding krill
- Lifeline Antarctica coalition letter to Albertsons regarding krill
- Lifeline Antarctica coalition letter to Walmart regarding krill